Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a lesson to all

so i get this pretty cool bible notes called "the word 4u 2day". it comes through my door every 3 months and has a little papragraph of writing for each day.
i liked the one for monday 17th march so much that i ripped it out and it has been sitting in my pinafore pocket for the last 3 days (yes ok i should really change my clothes more often)

anyway i am going to share it on here. despite the fact i am sure that the only reason it was ever printed in the booklet was so i would read it, i am sure that actually it was meant for almost everyone... still i felt pretty convicted reading it. so anyway here is your lesson for today:

You said! "I am watching over My word to perform it." JEREMIAH 1:12 (NAS)
Are you struggling with a habit so stubborn that it has a life of its own? Getting our heads round the promises in the Bible can make a big difference. 'I am watching over MY word to perform it' (Jeremiah 1:12.) In other words God says: 'trust me. I'm on it'. Sometimes the strength we need comes when we remind ourselves and God what He has said. So begin each day by praying:'Lord, the Bible says that if I call on You, You will answer me; You will be with me in trouble' (Psalm 91:15). You said that the power of the Holy Spirit deep inside me would set free from being endlessly caught up in temptation, sin and failure (Romans 8:2). You said if I fully commit my life to You, I'd have the strength to stand up to the devil and he would flee from me (James 4:7). You said You've given me the power to deal with the wrong thoughts and ideas that peck my head (2 Corinthians 10:5). You said that my self-worth would be based solely on Your love for me; and that You would do immeasurably more than I could ask or think because You are at work in me (Ephesians 3:14-21). Today I thank You for helping me to overcome this habit. In Christ's name, amen.'

and that is available from http://www.thewordismusic.com/tw4u2d.php?select=2008-03-17

:)

Amen brother :P

No comments: