Saturday, May 24, 2008

Random Blog

I feel like I should blog about something just for the simple fact that I haven't blogged about anything for so long.

It's been one of those whirlwind weeks when the only way you are able to keep up is to look at which horrendous photos have been tagged of you and to cringe and sigh "oooh yea, i remember that".

my week has consisted of much surreality, there is nothing more diconcerting than wearing school uniform, which hasn't been worn for 2 years, whilst the rest of the school are in non school uniform. It does serve as a sickening reminder of the past. *shivers*

Anyway. We spent our last German lesson playing the most ridiculous game ever invented (apart from that stupid 21 game we played at Alton Towers, I mean, why would you just keep picking up cards until they add up to 21?!) Ironically, I was the first in the class to obtain my first 'planet ring' despite being so outwardly unenthralled. I felt like a bit of a miserable sod not getting into the spirit of things but how can being asked what the most common painkiller is in German possible constitute fun? (It's an authentic German game in which you answer general knowledge q's in order to obtain planet rings.) Not to mention that in order to reach further than mars, you would have to play for a good 12 hours.







That's us, barely containing our excitement.

We then watched channel hopping auf deutsch:

For anyone who has never experienced channel hopping, it's a collection of the most random, pointless and stupid TV programmes compacted onto a 20 minute programme. The watcher sits, entirely baffled at what on earth is going on... probably the best way to experience the effects of ecstasy without actually popping any pills.

Last night's prom was good fun.

The funniest moment was definitely when Georgie shouted "miss powell actually looks quite nice" and miss powell turned around and said "thanks".
Sod's law.
Of course, the only way to end a night of tweenie drunkeness is with the fire brigade turning up due to some nob setting off a smoke bomb. Clap...clap...claaaaap.
Fed up of missing out on pre party drinks, I invested in some non alcholoic wine. I enjoyed smugly alerting the cashier to this fact when she attempted to ID me. "Have you got any ID?" "Why? It's non alchoholic." *Smug grin*. Not to mention the fact I was with my friend who had just used ID to pay for some real wine. Surely I wouldn't be stupid enough to buy alcohol myself if I didn't have ID when I was with someone who did. Dunces will live on. Actually talking of dunce cashiers, I fuly enjoyed watching the cashier drop a chicken today. Good laughs. Anyway, about this wine, after being scoffed at by Daisy for sipping my 'wine' a funny moment followed when Michelle comes swanning in pours herself a glass and is just about to have a gulp when everyone said 'you do realise it's non alcoholic?' cue Michelle looking overcome with disappointment and she goes 'oh' in a very sad and pathetic way. So moral of the story is: non alcoholic wine just simply isn't cool. It is cheap though.

So talking funny anecdotes, my rabbit was 'in desperate need of water because she will definitely die if you don't go out right this moment, in your pajamas and give her more water' (the joys of having a melodramatic mother). So after making my way halfway across the garden, in the pitch black, I retreated thinking there was no way I'd make it to the rabbit alive. So I came stomping back in (really not in the best of moods, most people aren't after a long day at 11:30pm) I started searching for torches only to discover none had batteries and the ones with batteries didnt work so I went whimpering to my dad who, very macho, said 'I'll go'. 'But dad, it's too dark, you can't see without a torch'. 'I'll be able to'
Famous. Last. Words.
Five minutes later a father appears at the door with one dripping wet bare foot and a missing slipper. 'It's a bit unfortunate I stepped in the pond'. So he went back out and came back a few minutes later with a retrieved very wet slipper. It would be utterly comical except that he managed to cut his leg in the pong (goodness knows how, probably all the piranas lurking) anyway my mum said it was a 'mighty big gash' although I'm inclined to translate that slightly possibly transposing her melodrama slightly.

Today I had a nice visit from my brother who proceeded to tell me many horror stories about getting raped and not going in taxis/toilets/anywhere unless fully accompanied by half of england whilse on my "piss and shag*" holiday in Greece. The only pissing I'll be doing after those stories is with all my friends in the cubicle with me!
*excuse the language

I'm getting slightly disconcerted by the number of photos I seem to be tagged in, on an hourly basis. Since Monday my number of tagged photos has gone from around 350 to a grand total of 506. For someone who runs a mile at the site of a camera, this is an utter mystery. Actually, to be fair I am becoming less inhibited when being photographed as I think looking ugly in photos and being able to remember the event is better than not being in them at all. Jennie showed me pics of her and her friends on the last day of her year 11 and it made me giggle so much, all their 90's hairstyles and high waisted denim shorts. Makes me wonder what my future nieces will think of me and my friends' fashion sense. Will they be saying to me, oh my gosh, you look so 2000's?

I feel very bad for making it 3 days into study leave and having only done 5 minutes of revision. My justification for blogging is 'practising my writing skills' although I am not sure how far writing sarky comments about my life will take me in exams. Thursday afternoon I went for a walk with Jon and then watched the entire series 2 of britains next top model. Friday I slept in then went to town to buy hair dye. I then dyed my hair. Which then went so knotty I nearly chopped it all off.
Something that should just never be done is dying hair 2 hours before a prom. I barely had any around my hairline but still had a little bit of dye on my skin. So I searched on the faithful google for 'how to get dye out of skin'. Toothpaste, lemon juice, shaving foam, shampoo, vaseline and nail polish remover were some suggestions. I tried them all. I'm not sure which was the defining product but after scrubbing my hairline with the entire contents of that list, the dye had mostly faded. Slow clap please.

Then I had the prom. Which was lovely. Lots of people looking pretty in their dresses. Although I will forever grudge having to pay £1.10 for a can of coke. C'est ridicule. And today, after going on the weekly shop mit die mutter I came home and cut out an oversized stick man for useage in tomorrow's sunday schoolness. Anyway, I'm now feeling that familiar feeling of 'not having done enough revision'. I'm thinking it's going to be a fun packed revision week. *groan*.

And now I'm not sure what else to share with the world.

I shall just look forward to my week of revision, working out and sleeping. This seems to be my mundane life nowadays. Luckily it'll only last for another 3 weeks. A thought which fills me half with immense joy an half with immense dread.

Hugs, hot chocolate and a little hope are fully accepted!

No comments: