Friday, May 16, 2008

Let's talk about acne.

It's no great secret that my skin represents that of a 13 year old. Sadly, spots run in my genes and I am destined to be burdened with them forevermore. I've actually given up trying to blend in my foundation line, cos let's be honest, it's just a fact of my life that I have spots and life is too short to try and feign a flawless complexion.



Anyway, last month, after being asked TWICE by a certain unnamed 7 year old whether I had chicken pox, I thought right, I will try everything to get smooth skin. As long as it doesn't cost more than £2.



And today was a happy day. Instead of pasting on my usual foundation (specially marketed as being for a 'flawless finish') I dug out my tinted moisturisor because I don't actually have many spots to cover. I'm not saying my skin is great, it never will be, but it's a lot better than representing chicken pox.



So, the point of this is actually to share with you a hidden secret in life which really just does not deserve to be so hidden.



http://www.drstuarts.com/

Dr Stuart's Extraordinarily Good Tea Skin Purify. (Yes, that is what it's called). This stuff is clear skin in a box.


Admittedly on first gulp I did have to quickly add a zillion sweetners but now I am well accustomed to the taste. However, I suggest you don't attempt to make iced tea with this tea. It turns a magical potion into something very very evil. Just don't even try it.


Sometimes it actually pays to be a gullible victim of marketing campains.


And just an extra note, something to serve as comfort when the spots inevitably return:

"However, the actress added that she still suffers from embarrassing bouts of acne: "I'll look in the mirror and be like, 'Damn, where did that come from?' Seriously! I'm 35 years old. When is this going to stop?!""~ Cameron Diaz

If acne plagues the goddess then it can plague me anyday!!

No comments: