Friday, December 26, 2008

Home sweet... home?

I'm a little confused which might explain why, at 3am on Boxing Day, I am blogging whilst everyone else in my house has gone to bed. And it is that way round, I'm blogging because I'm confused, not confused because I'm blogging, wait, that's just more confusing.
Anyway, what I'm a bit confused about is where, exactly, is home? I think I'm stuck in the standard 1st year transition period, when life seems so much like life in your new residence but when you come back home you suddenly realise that everything is carrying on just like normal back at 'home' and it's still got all the attributes of home. And then you start to wonder, is home 'home' only when you're at home and it ceases to be home when you're at uni, which you'd now call home or is home always home even when you're at uni, in which case uni isn't home ever and especially isn't home when you're at home cos it (uni) no longer has any sort of home attriutes. And do I say 'I'm going home' when I leave uni to come back home or when I leave home to go back to uni. And if home is still home (even though when at uni it often outweighs the homeliness of home on account of all your stuff being there) then when does home stop being home and start being uni? Should I just think that I have no home, but that seems overly dramatic when it's probably fairer to say I have two homes.

Anyway 3 more things:
1) No, I have not been drinking
2) Yes, I know it doesn't matter.
3) I am going to stop before the word 'home' starts to sound all funny due to over-repetition




This is home- Switchfoot

I've got my memories
Always inside of me
But I cant go back, back to how it was

I believe now
I've come too far
No I cant go back, back to how it was

Created for a place ive never known
This is home
Now im finally where I belong, where I belong
Yah this is home, ive been searching for a place of my own,
Now I found it, maybe this is home
Yes this is home

Belief over misery
I seen the enemy
And I wont go back, back to how it was
And I got my heart set on what happens next
I got my eyes wide its not over yet
We miracles, and were not alone

Yah this is home, now im finally where I belong
Yea this is home, ive been searching for a place of my own,
Now I found it, maybe this is home
Yes this is home

And now, after all my searching
After all my questions
Im going to call it home
I got a brand new mind set
I can finally see the sunset
Im gonna call it home

Home, this is home
Now Im finally where I belong, belong
Yes this is home,
Ive been searching for a place of my own
Now I found it,
Maybe this is home
This is home

1 comment:

Brian said...

That is a cool song by mercy me. You should see them in concert.

grace and peace,
Brian
downpour-me.blogspot