Thursday, December 18, 2008

oh dear oh dear.

I'm going home for Christmas in 2 days. My room is still in its usual state of disarray yet now I have boxes lying around half full of semi ordered stuff. My dishes are still sitting in the basin, having been sitting there so long that half the water they were in has actually evaporated (and/of soaked up by the various items of clothing I keep accidentally dropping in it). I have hair dye paraphernalia decorating my desk and I have one of my few towels lying on my window sill after my DIY double glazing attempt. And it'd be highly inappropriate to share what is in my sink at the moment... but I'm still plucking up the courage to go near enough to it to clean it.

I should technically be tidying it now, as it is less than 24 hours before the mother descends and I think when she offered to help me tidy, she didn't quite anticipate what I meant by 'messy'.

Talking of messiness... I went out for my birthday last night. If you've seen the Simpsons episode with Homer trashing the school with his friends and then the next morning recounts to Bart and Lisa what he'd done last night and it goes into old movie style and Homer is prancing around giggling and it's all pink etc (you have to have seen it, I couldn't find it on youtube) then you'll understand my current thoughts about last night. If you haven't seen it, don't worry and probably best not to ask either.

There is a little part of me looking forward to coming home, it's only little but it seems to be more than the amount my friends are happy about going home. I'll miss the banter with my friends, but there are some things I'm looking forward to, the main thing being the privacy of home... sometimes it's nice just to do things without 6 other people knowing where you've been and where you're going. But I'm sure the novelty will wear off pretty soon. Uni has finally picked up momentum though and I'm getting along great with my friends, having good nights out and getting into lectures. Which is why it's so annoying to stop it all just when it's getting good. But, I am excited about seeing people again and being a lazy arse; driving everywhere instead of climbing up a 170 degree wall everyday and going to bed earlier than 4am.

Anyway, I am going to go and tidy now. Honest I really am....

No comments: