Sunday, January 04, 2009

Just lots of unrelated anecdotes.

So I haven't blogged for a while... or what is a while in my terms anyway and my poor excuse is my brand spanking new journal which has stolen the place of my blog as my therapy. It was incredibly distressing to finish my old one, I'm not gonna lie, it was amazing as made by my crafty hands but I figured as it's a new year, I could stretch to a new journal instead of just adding more pages to the old one. So, one long, expensive trip to Hobbycraft and a few hours cutting and sticking later, and I have a new one which looks pretty much the same as the old one but with more pages in anticipation of all my creative musings (i wish).

Anyway, I've got 2 more weeks left til I have to go back to uni for exams and I am looking forward to tomorrow immensely as it's the start of the 1st week I get the house to myself during the day, meaning I can get up to whatever uninterrupted mischief I want, namely procrastination.

I'm going to be overly honest here and talk resolutions. Last year, I managed to fulfil my hope for 08, although pretty much in the nick of time, as it's only been in the past month or two that I've been doing it. I don't really want to broadcast what it was although it's not a secret. I am pleased with myself though as I think when I made it my hope I didn't think in a million years I'd get to the place of fulfilling it. This year, my resolution is to stick to my morals more. I'm so good at giving into peer pressure and uni has taken its toll on my impressionable nature. I'm not exactly a rebellious wildchild (don't get me wrong :S) but I'm not the obedient God-pleaser I aspire to be either and if there's one thing I can't tolerate, it's being inbetween anything (which is definitely not always a good thing). Talking of last minute achievements, I always said Id learn the guitar in 08 but never did. Anyway, I started to learn some chords on the 20th Dec and managed to learn 15 chords and be able to play a few songs by the 31st. Now my corridormates get the joy of hearing me strumming chords on my out of tune guitar (I don't know how you tune them!) and screeching along to Kelly Clarkson at the top of my lungs.

My mum got a wii fit for Christmas which definitely deserves a mention as it's become the central amusement of the Sweeney household. (wow writing that brings back memories of the Sweeney newsletter me and Claire used to make and distribute to our parents and siblings, informing them of what they'd been up to recently). It's an ongoing battle with 4 of us (mum dad rach and me) all trying to outdo each others scores on the games. Mum's been on it everyday since Christmas as I get informed of by the handy chart, on display for all, which records every minute you spend on it, not to mention your BMI and every slight weight fluctuation. I like it although in a particularly typical fashion of myself, there's only a couple of games I like so I play them over and over rather than doing it all.

I can't think of much else to report on, there was New Years and a few other nights out, none of which have details appropriate for the blog although sadly home friends aren't quite as sensitive with their photo censoring as my friends from uni are, resulting in evidence plastered across facebook for anyone to see and every so often I suddenly recall another certain person I have as a friend on facebook and the embarrassment sets in all over again.

Anyway, yea that's it...

No comments: