Monday, October 31, 2011

mandatory rant and rave

It always seems impossible until it's done (Nelson Mandela)
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish (John Quincy Adams)


You may wonder why I am spouting cheesy quotes about persevering. Well wonder no longer as I will tell you. So, this blog has got many posts about exams, all along the lines of "help, I'm gonna fail blah blah" followed by "oh I passed" but that, my dear friend, was my dramatic undergraduate self, before I gained self assurance in my academic abilities. Or not. Because this post is once again along the lines of "help, I'm gonna fail blah blah" but as I am not afflicted with the soul destroying nuisances they call exams, I am instead fearing for the worst about my first assignment.
Four days, four fooking days I have been confined within the walls of my room, staring at the same damn word document about the same bloody article. Which is where the quotes come in. Surviving on a diet of chips, barely any human interaction, inanely playing Tetris in procrastination... I am going insane. So I thought I'd encourage myself with kind words about persevering blah blah.
I'm now at that point where everything pisses me off, especially when my flatmates throw a party on Friday night (which they forgot to actually invite me to) which involved what seemed like hundreds of foreign men dressed in Halloween costumes shouting until 1.30am, and the extinction of the internet as some drunken dumbass messes with the router.
Of course, it doesn't get any better. Tomorrow I may have the joy of leaving the house, but for 5 hours of lectures. Only to come back to this prison for another dose of essay writing hell.
Still, I won't complain too long as it's all fun and games from Wednesday. If this deed is ever completed which at my rate of working I fear I will never see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So, there you go. The mandatory post where I rant and rave about another stupid education hurdle I am jumping through before I can leave the student world and become a fully fledged adult. Don't worry though, it shouldn't be too long before I write about how wonderful life is to have completed the task.

Endnote: in case you worried I had resorted to murdering my inconsiderate, mean and boring flatmates, don't worry, I only resorted to stealing their milk (which most students will agree is a far worse sin).

No comments: